Imbalanced Sniper Rifle (Lynx)

SOLVED

Advanced Warfare General Discussion

Highlighted

I don't know if anybody's tried getting all the camo's for the Lynx and NA-45, but it is ridiculously hard!

The Mors is obviously my weapon of choice when it comes to sniping. However, when you compare let's say the Lynx to the Mors you'll notice the following:

***Lynx -1 damage and +5 range in comparison to the Mors.***

So why is it that the Lynx ALWAYS requires two body shots to kill??

Also, this gets me real heated. I've seen HEADSHOT HIT MARKERS repeatedly with the Lynx without a suppressor and the enemy does not die. Typically they just kill me because the Lynx is absolutely worthless in this game.

I would expect a lot of single shot kills with the Lynx, but it seems like the capability of it doing so is disabled.

For very high range and only one less damage, you'd expect nothing less.

You know something is wrong when a sniper is receiving headshot hit markers with their weapon and not receiving a kill. All one has to do is simply try the Lynx for a game or two to see how flawed it is.

One more thing. BRING BACK GHILLIE SUITS!!!! After completing challenges of course

Thanks,

HOPSECUTIONER

Hop-Snow
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I finished all the guns in Hardcore, the Lynx and the NA-45 are both 1 shot kills there.

I actually had the most trouble with the MORS going for camos, the sway is pretty ridiculous on it and it's not accurate at all at range.

theAutoBoT1011
14 REPLIES 14

I finished all the guns in Hardcore, the Lynx and the NA-45 are both 1 shot kills there.

I actually had the most trouble with the MORS going for camos, the sway is pretty ridiculous on it and it's not accurate at all at range.

theAutoBoT1011

It didn't even run across my mind to complete the challenges in hardcore, but that's great advice. Thanks!

I'm still thinking the Lynx and NA-45 should be capable of single shot kills to the torso and head in regular game modes though.

After all, the ASM1 is capable of killing with 2 shots. I guess sniper rounds are the same as submachine gun rounds now.

Must be some kind of advanced warfare...

Hop-Snow

Lol yeah, my team hated me in Killconfirmed as I was primarily going for longshots most of the time and wouldn't get tags.  I played KC because there's no respawn timer unlike the other modes.

theAutoBoT1011

I recently finished the Atlas and Mors, and now I'm working on the Na-45. I must say, this gun is so fun to use and extremely underrated. People get so mad when I use. The long-shots and head-shots are probably going to take some time though. The other challenges like bloodthirsty and double-kills were extremely easy. I unfortunately HAVE to play the standard game modes because Hardcore lobbies are rarely available where I'm from. I don't worry about my K/D when trying to get camos. I'm definitely going to struggle with the lynx though. Even against bots it's hard to use...Happy grinding.

Noobing4fun

I started doing NA-45 today and do agree it's really fun to use. I got "Ravager" elite variant (+3 damage -3 fire rate) from a supply drop and combined with danger close, it's really fun to mess with in game modes like Momentum or Hardpoint. Imagine that little shack in the middle of Detroit where the middle momentum flag is located. You can boost jump on the top of it and shoot straight down from that hole in the roof to kill all enemies inside, just with a single quick one-two-shot. Headshots are what's causing me the pain. They were easier for MORS and Atlas 20mm since I quickscoped a lot with them and sometimes you just "failed" to hit the chest and hit the head instead, so I ended up with enough headshots without even paying attention to them.

-Agu-

lynx is probably best sniper rifle for HC OHK at range even with suppressor

Meatpuppet420

also why is lynx the only sniper that u can put a silencer on ...

Meatpuppet420

The Lynx is such a frustrating weapon. Even it's variants are infuriating. When I realized it was just 1 less damage than the MORS, I was like "Oh cool, go online and see if there's a variant that gives you +1 to damage." Sadly no such variant exists. And even more shocking, 1 of the Elite variants, the Kingpin, is perhaps one of the worst weapon variants I've seen.

Petecage

The damage stat on sniper rifles is wall penetration only. It doesn't affect the hit boxes on any variant.

Just to comment on the NA-45.. Throw on danger close and aim for the ground at player's feet. I've got more fury kills with this weapon than any other. It's makes people rage lol

Houdnik

Studios