hackers in leaderboards

Advanced Warfare Xbox 360

I have noticed a lot lately that there have been people hacking into the leaderboards. The people who have accomplished the feat of PROPERLY making it to the top of the leaderboards (without cheating) deserve recognition and hackers I feel are taking that away from them. I think this is a small but important issue that needs resolved.

Trigger1911xd
10 REPLIES 10

This issue has plagued COD for many many years. But dont expect anything to be done about it because regardless of how many times this topic is brought up and people have reported those hackers, nothing is ever done the remedy the leaderboards.

I remember in MW2 when Bowling was still part of IW and he said that the reason they dont want to clean the leaderboards is because they dont want to "accidentally" remove a "legit" player. Many people, myself included called bullsh*t on his comment because the first few thousand or so were CLEARLY hacked but it was some bullsh*t excuse for not wanting to do their job.

KT Phoenix

KTPhoenix wrote:

This issue has plagued COD for many many years. But dont expect anything to be done about it because regardless of how many times this topic is brought up and people have reported those hackers, nothing is ever done the remedy the leaderboards.

I remember in MW2 when Bowling was still part of IW and he said that the reason they dont want to clean the leaderboards is because they dont want to "accidentally" remove a "legit" player. Many people, myself included called bullsh*t on his comment because the first few thousand or so were CLEARLY hacked but it was some bullsh*t excuse for not wanting to do their job.

^^THIS^^

gramthenOOb

Treyarch does do their best to keep their leaderboards clear, but some are difficult because more people use more "legit" numerics instead of the clearly hacked ones lol no idea if SHG is bothering with this, but then again, most people don't really care what the leaderboards say anything since that it was said by 3Arc and IW (during Ghosts hayday) that the leaderboards lag, sometimes up to days behind your current stats (rare cases), so following the leaderboards is about as reliable as watching the final kill cam and assuming that's exactly what actually happened rather than how the server sorted and organized the final string of input scripts on its end.. aka, we're seeing what the server client saw, not what everyone else watching that final kill in the match saw, and they don't always match up..

I've had CoD's where my leaderboard stats were in some cases very mismatched from my barracks stats, only to see them fixed one day at sheer random because the leaderboards were either tended to manually or the lagged information updated at last..

this is the first CoD where I haven't actually bothered to look at the leaderboards.. dunno, just stopped caring.. incidentally, I'm having more fun with this title than I've had since BO2.. and BO1 and MW2 before it.. funny how that worked out once I stopped giving a damn about useless numbers lol

EJKHunter

My whole clan is watching the leaderboard every day and reporting all the hacker/cheater. Most times they are gone after an hour.

Some of my clanmates even got 6 months xBox-Live for free as a "thank you" from xbox.

Just keep reporting them and try your best. There will always be hacker but they won't be there for long.

Best regards,

|MoG|DerAlcuard212-Clanleader

MoG_Alucard212

i did not realize that they have not removed any of them on any of the games till you pointed this out. and i have trying to report them as much as i can but i don't want to over do it too its a problem but not a overly major problem. But cheating is cheating and there should be consequences

Trigger1911xd

I agree. But coming from a guy who has been playing for over 7 years, I can honestly tell you that its pretty much falling on deaf ears.

KT Phoenix

What DerAlucard212 is accurate ... but it is a pain in the arse and time consuming and takes forever to see any results.

Which is why what KTPhoenix says is also true. If you report the cheats at the top of the leaderboards, it won't hurt your report accuracy. In fact, it will help. Which helps in other places, as well.

The question is whether or not you want to take the time to do it.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
nuttin2say

I had no idea that they kept stats on your accuracy of reporting cheaters. Is this true? If so, what do they do with this data?

Dav8or

I'm not exactly sure how ATVI uses the information, but I do know it matters. For Microsoft, the more accurate your reporting, the higher priority your report has toward being investigated. ALL reports will eventually be investigated, but the sooner the better because of how long data for individual matches is kept in the system. From what I understand, the ATVI system is similar but looks at more than just the accuracy of one player when giving priority toward investigation. Rumor has it that how many people report an infraction is also important.

The main things to keep in mind when you see something that's "not right" are these ...

1 - ALL reports get investigated

2 - the investigations are EXTREMELY thorough

3 - accuracy in reporting matters

4 - how many unique reports that are received matters

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
nuttin2say

Studios