cant find anyone in public games of any game mode

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies

Highlighted

So I got the game 5 days ago, mostly for zombies but i enjoy it all. but for 5 days now I have only ever found 1 person in a public game to play a round with. 

everytime i try it just sits there searching for other players, I usually wait 10min and then just dont bother and add in some bots and do a solo (but its pretty *****)

I try every game mode and map and still nothing

I have followed the reddit post about deleting your blizzard cache and it hasnt helped with zombies (it did help with multiplayer as the match making for that has been ***** as well but not zombies)

so is it just a totally dead game that no one is playing on PC or is something wrong? 5 days straight so far of not being able to have a public game is really pathetic.

Thanks

Emperor_Thor
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear you are running into those issues. How long have you given it to find a match? Is this happening just for Zombies modes or also for Multplayer? I see you mention that, but you make it sound like Multiplayer is fine? Lastly, what region are you playing in? 

Let me know about all of that when you get a moment. Thanks. 

-Sean 

Community Coordinator

Gday Sean

I am giving it between 10 and 15min to find people to join a public game and after that I give up. I tried probably 4 times last night alone so close to 1 hour of looking for people, each time i tried a different map but all in zombies.

Multiplayer is better but also not good, minimum of 5min to find a match if at all, I probably find a mulitplayer match 1 in 5 times i try, again each time i try a different game mode such as TDM, kill confirmed, domination etc.

Im in Australia and playing in Asia region, i did change it to US which didnt really do much and have changed back to Asia (through the battle.net selection)

Emperor_Thor

Thanks for the quick response and for all of the information. That's pretty odd that you changed the region to U.S. and saw no change in behavior. Have you already tried any network troubleshooting in case it is related to that? For instance, have you tried restarting your network, switching to a wired connection (if you aren't already on one), or adding ports specifically for Black Ops 4? 

Community Coordinator

I have reset the network, restarted pc etc a few time, I am using a wired network as well.

As mentioned i have cleared the blizzard cache just incase that was an issue and it didnt seem to achieve anything but didnt cause any new issues either.

Ive tried turning off firewalls etc and have battle.net with full permissions and so on.

I dont have a port directly for COD and not sure how to tbh.

I just find it weird I can get the odd game of multiplayer but it just takes a long time and can never find any zombies matches so it made me think the network does work or i would never be able to connect to multiplayer but im open to suggestions of course.

Emperor_Thor

Got you and thanks for the details. Everything I'm suggesting relation to your network and port forwarding is purely just try some form of troubleshooting, because if it is an issue with the game itself then it will be something out of your control (we can still report it up of course) and there won't be any troubleshooting to try. 

However, like you said it seems like everything is working fine other than specifically Zombies. Based on the fact that even Multiplayer is having a hard time finding matches it sounds like you just might be very far from any populated matches/servers, but I'll still suggest port forawrding as the last thing to try. 

You can find a great deal of information about that in our Port Forward & NAT article, but basically you would have to go into your router settings and set ports specifically for Black Ops 4. If you follow the links referenced in that article there may be, depending on your router model, a step by step guide showing how to do that. 

Community Coordinator

Studios